Monday, November 8, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached flour (any all purpose flour will do)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup sugar (I like Raw Cane or Turbinado)
- 1/3 cup shortening (Crisco)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (or soy milk)
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (3 bananas)
- Optional - 1/4 cups nuts (I hate nuts in my bread)
- Optional - 3/4 tablespoon Vanilla extract (I love vanilla!)
Preheat oven to 350
Bowl 1 Sift together in a large bowl, flour, baking powder, baking soda and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
Bowl 2 Beat sugar and shortening together (the messy part). Add eggs one at a time and the milk (and the vanilla).
Bowl 3 smaller bowl Smash bananas till smooth.
Mix all ingredients together in the largest bowl and beat till smooth. It will be pretty thick. Your preference, wet into dry or dry into wet.
Turn the batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 60 - 65 mins. Cool in pan for about 5 min. then remove and cool on a wire rack. (If your oven runs hot and the first one comes out too well done, try 325 for 65 mins then turn off the oven and leave it in another 5 minutes.
Be sure to preheat the oven!